What is SureFox (previously known as KioskIE)?
Companies can use Internet Explorer to run web applications on the enterprise Windows Mobile devices. The problem is that the users can use Internet Explorer to visit websites that they should not visit. KioskIE disables those features. It basically achieves the following:
- Restrict navigation to allowed websites only
- Block access to browser settings e.g. Favorites, Security settings
- Run Internet Explorer in Fullscreen mode
- Disable Address Bar
- Disable Tap and Hold menu
- Disable Keypad
Using SureFox with SureLock
- Make sure SureFox is installed and configured properly on the target handheld. See previous sections for detail.
- Launch SureLock Studio on the desktop.
- Click Add button and specify \windows\iexplore.exe as allowed application. Make sure that This is a fullscreen application option is also selected..